Happy Easter to all my readers again. Today I have with me a very special chicken curry that you can make for Easter. It is simple, quick and I am sure you have all the ingredients in your pantry. I must make a mention that this is my MIL’s special curry, and everytime I have made it it has been gooood.
Here is a step by step breakup of the chicken curry.
Chicken – 1 kg
Onions – 3 (chopped)
Tomatoes – 2 (chopped)
Ginger – 2″ (chopped)
Garlic – 5 – 6 cloves (chopped)
Green chillies – 4-5 (slit)
Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
Chilly powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
chicken masala – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – as required
1. Heat a kadai, add chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt, chicken masala and dry roast it until a nice smell comes. Cool it.
2. Cut chicken to small pieces marinate the chicken and keep aside for ½ an hour.
3. Add onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies , curry leaves and saute till pink.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, sauté well till tomato is mashed.
5. Add the chicken, to the tomato – onion mixture and mix well
6. Add ½ cup water, cover and cook till done.
7. Garnish with Curry leaves.
8. If you want gravy add 1 cup coconut milk.
Hope you enjoyed my Easter special. I do wish you will try it out and let me know how it was.