Let me tell you something I am not a regular eater of pork… I can count the number of times I have had pork in my one hand. But, once in a while I think its okay to let down your hair and go crazy… eat some pork… Sure it’s not healthy, but hey eating unhealthy once in a while never hurt anyone…. right … well right.
This recipe was shared by a Mr. Sumod Tom and his wife on a group I am on FB. I did make minor changes, it was phenomenal. I urge you to try it.
Pork Cubed-1 Kg (with skin and fat)
Kashmiri Chilli- 12 to 15 deseeded (and soaked in 3 table spoon vinegar, and ground to paste, best results when ground in stone grinder
Turmeric powder- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon
Shallots-1/2 kg (crushed)
Garlic-1 big pod full (crushed)
Sugar – 1 tsp
Vineger-3 table spoon
In a frying pan, add a few pieces of pork fat and let it melt. Add the crushed garlic, sauté well, add a tsp sugar, flowed by shallots and sauté well till it turns golden brown. Add the turmeric powder and the chilli paste, sauté well, add the pork and salt. Sauté well on high heat for 5 minutes, add water as required, a little at a time. Cover and cook on low heat till done. Keep checking the amount of water to make sure it doesn’t go all dry.
Yummy pork curry is ready.
Sumod Tom’s recommendations:
- Option, you can reduce the amount of vinegar and add crushed blanched tomatoes, I used vinegar only
- Use finely ground whole deseeded dried kashmiri chilli. .do not compromise for chilli powder.
- Use shallots, not onions.
- Use the fatty cut…fat and meat together
My slight changes
- I didn’t have any Kashmiri chillies I used 7 normal red chillies with their seeds. Blitzed it up in the mixie.
- I used balsamic vinegar for a slight sweetness and darker colour.